BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Microblading: Most natural, good for dry skin.
Microblading + Shading: Natural with density, good for combination.
Powder brows: Makeup look, more permanent, good for oily skin.
DO NOT : (24 HOURS PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT DAY)
- Consume alcohol.
- Consume caffeine.
- Take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen.
DO NOT : (1 WEEK PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT DAY)
- Receive Botox or other facial injections.
- Use Retin-A or prescription topical facial creams.
Please note that you will be more sensitive during your
menstrual cycle or during hormonal change.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER /
- It is possible to experience redness and swelling up to 48 hours after the procedure.
- The treated area will appear much darker and bold due to the oxidation process during the healing period.
- If the area is kept clean and dry then only a light pigment film (not thick scab) will appear after 4-7 days.
- As the area heals it will become dry and itchy.
- As the pigment film starts to flake off DO NOT pick, scratch, itch or pull off any of the areas which are peeling.
- Choosing to pick at flakes and peeling areas will pull out pigment, and result in spots left without any pigment or in some cases scarring.
- As the area continues to heal, a softer more natural result will be revealed underneath.
- Please note that within the first 4 weeks the amount of pigment that you see can seem very faint. It may seem like the pigment has been lost; please be advised that as the skin regenerates the new skin can in some cases hide the hair strokes completely. You must allow the full healing time of 8 weeks to see the true color and result.
- Wash your hands with an antibacterial soap before washing your eyebrows or applying the post care cream to avoid infection.
- Day One and Two: Do absolutely nothing and avoid showering, if possible, on day one.
- Day Three through Nine: At Night gently wash the treated area with warm water and a mild cleanser. Pat the area dry, do not wipe. For oily skin, apply a VERY THIN layer of healing cream with a cotton swab only ONCE a day as needed. For dry skin, apply a VERY THIN layer of healing cream with a cotton swab only TWICE a day as needed. Complete dry healing is best.
- When showering, keep your face away from the shower head, do not let water stream directly onto your face.
- No workouts for 10 days post procedure
- No saunas, steam rooms, swimming pools etc for at least 2 weeks
- Avoid smoke, dust, dirt and debris for the first 7 days
- No sunbathing or tanning for at least 3-4 weeks
- No tinting, chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or botox for at least 2 weeks
- No makeup or cosmetics on treated area for at least 10 days
For any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us!!
Riot Ink 8761 Smoky Row Rd. Powell, Ohio 43065